Monday, October 27, 2008

Michael Bolton?

"Tell me, how am I supposed to live without you?  Now that I've been loving you so long..."


Oh, sorry.  I was singing a Michael Bolton song to my house.  I can barely believe we've been here for more than six years now, not even counting the time between when we signed the construction papers and when we got to move in.  This is by far the longest I've lived anyplace except the house where I grew up; I lived in that one for about 22 years.  But as for the others (not counting dorm rooms or other college lodging)...


  • House where I was born: less than 2 years
  • Fairview Street in Loogootee: 2 years and 4 months
  • Bellgrade in Loogootee: 2 years
  • Post Horn Court in Columbus: 3 years and 6 months
  • Windsor Road in Gerrards Cross, UK: 16 months
  • Bray Road in Maidenhead, UK: 19 months
  • Iroquois Trail in Columbus: 12 months
  • Apartment on Coronado Street, Chandler AZ: 10 months 

No wonder I've grown accustomed to this place, accustomed to its face.  It's like home, even though I despise Arizona and the horse it rode in on.


"Obama Biden Palin" - We can almost use those letters to spell "Osama bin Laden".  We are missing one "s", and we have a few letters left over: b, p, and i.  "S" is the 19th letter of the alphabet; b is the 2nd, p is 16th, and i is the 9th.  If we add up our leftover numbers, we have 2+16+9=27, and if we subtract our missing "s", we have 27-19=8.  Eight equals 2 to the 3rd power, and what is 2x3?  Exactly: it is 6.  Just like 666, the number of the beast.  You see?  You see now?  Is it clear what path you must take?   Good.  Go forth, and bring me back the prime factorization of John McCain, on a silver platter.

No comments: